Fresh Tracks Canada (FTC) is a fast-growing company in the internet travel space, and we specialize in creating personal and customized Canadian travel experiences. We are Canadian Insiders who like to think of ourselves as pioneers in the industry, and our culture reflects that. We have seven values (Growth, Legendary Hospitality, Pioneering, Working Together, Relentlessly Positive, Pursuit of Excellence, and We love Canada!) that we live by and that guide our thinking and decision making to ensure we are providing the best travel experience to our guests.
As a Senior Developer, you’ll work with a cross-disciplinary team, using your extensive knowledge of building front-end applications to make the Fresh Tracks web experience the best it can be.
- You’re passionate about your craft
- You’re wired to be detail-oriented and have strong follow-up skills
- You seek to stamp out ambiguity and have the ability to explain complex things simply
- You can adapt to a complex and changing environment
- You’re a human and can laugh. We value a great sense of humour and a down-to-earth attitude
- A Computer Science Degree or a related field or work experience
- 5+ years of practical experience in front-end web development
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create engaging web experiences
- An excellent track record delivering accurate, stable, performant, and secure front-end software backed by a strong testing methodology -- ideally as a tech-lead
- Excellent knowledge of front-end tools like Gatsby, Netlify, Webpack, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of RESTful web services/APIs and associated best practices
- Experience instrumenting applications with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience
- Strong fundamental knowledge of OWASP, OAuth2 and security/compliance for e-commerce web applications
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and to nurture a team to do their best work
- Experience building back-ends for front-ends
- Experience configuring and/or integrating to content infrastructure tooling, eg. Contentful
- You have a side hustle which you’re proud to show us